Friday, June 18, 2021
10 am – 2 pm (3-4 hours depending on the size of the group)
Check- in begins at 9:45 am
$25 students; $15 adults.
From the Rancheros to the 49ers, learn about the early days of California! Take home some treasures!
– Native Village: Wikkiup building, corn grinding, and overview of local native history
– Adobe Brick Making: with an overview of California Missions
– Gold Panning and sluicing: Find out how to identify real gold and learn the miner’s panning technique
– Music & Hoedown: Folk dancing with jug band participation
– Nature Walk: Learn about the the plant and animal life in our area of California. Find out their uses and how to identify them!
– Rope Making & Rope Games: Simple mechanics, some twine, and a little elbow grease is all it takes to make a rope! Then we’ll prepare to be cowboys by learning how to lasso! And then we’ll see who can win a game of tug o’war
– Mountain Man Camp: Visit the lonely camp with the lean-to shelter and help identify the different furs and hides
– Petting Zoo: Come see some of the animals that were needed on the farm. There are also a few animals that you would not find on a farm that our mountain man traded for!
– Gift Shop will be open!
For more information about all of the events that we offer, please visit the website at www.fortcross.com
Follow us on social media!