From: “A Good Camp: Gold Mines of Julian and the Cuyamacas” by Leland Fetzer
The George Washington Mine. On page 6, Book A, of The Julian Mining Records appears this entry registering the George Washington claim on February 26, 1870: Notice is hereby given that the undersigned claim forty four hundred feet on this Lead Known as the George Washington Ledge. We run and claim Eight Hundred feet [...]